Category

Politics

Category

Social Patrol is a leading source for political news. Read latest news and commentaries about politics and political events on Social Patrol.

Senator Nancy Binay asked Communications Assistant Secretary Mocha Uson during the recent Senate hearing on fake news last Wednesday, Oct 4.

Madame chair, for clarification na lang. Since we’re all government officials, we are bound by RA 6713 and under Section 4. Nakasulat doon  we cannot use the excuse of doing things in our capacity as private individuals.

So parang malinaw na malinaw na at this point in time, di mo na puwedeng ihiwalay ‘yung pagiging blogger mo sa pagiging Asec. So I guess, malinaw na talaga. Baka it’s high time to decide kung gusto mo maging blogger o kung gusto mo maging Asec,  Binay said.

 

Mocha Uson insisted that her blog is her own account and not under the government. She also insisted that the rules of fairness does not apply to her as she claims she is primarily a blogger and not a journalist.

Senator Nancy Binay, however, have recently been impressive and a growing number of netizens have began to notice.

Sceenshots below.

Netizens on Binay Recent Performance
Netizens on Binay Recent Performance
Netizens on Binay Recent Performance

 

Save

Save

Who would they be and why?

President Duterte as Sniper! Nuff said.

Headshot!

Lina Hontiveros? Good fit? Add a scepter and that ulti will go through your bkb like a hot knife through butter.

Because..

That hook…

Just coz he looks like a mean Pudge

Kasi Bato.

Just cause

That firestorm burns like..

The Under Lord!

Citizenship issues? Just split into multiples.

She’s splits into…

That ulti will crit.. hard.

Packs a mean punch

Those scream based skills can kill.

That noise based ulti kills

Silence is golden.

The silence deepens

Trollanes, apt?

Trolling for victory!

Because…

Immortal

What do you think? Accurate? Drop your comments below!

Save

Another screenshot of Senator Manny Pacquiao is making the rounds on social media. This time he was caught commenting on Ria Chiuffo IG live. Ria Chiuffo does reports for men’s satirical sports blog Barstool Sports for Chicks in the Office.

Pacman apparently likes commenting on IG live
Ria Chiuffo
Pacquiao appears Active on IG
He even confirmed his Identity
Call me anytime?

 

A few days before, the boxing legend admitted that he commented on IG personality Arzaylea

 

 

Manny Pacquiao Screenshot

Netizens previously speculated that the IG comment on Arzaylea did not in fact come from Manny Pacquiao and that perhaps it was from a fake account or that it possibly came from someone else managing the IG account. Manny Pacquiao however admitted to actually making the comments and in a statement said “wala namang malisya dun.”

Netizens has since been quick to react with regards to this latest screenshot.

 

savage comments by netizens

 

 

 

Thoughts? Drop us a comment.

 

 

 

Save

Save

Save

He made a mistake, he meant Eugenio “Gabby” Lopez III, the chairman of ABS-CBN Corporation.

President Rodrigo Duterte last Tuesday once again targeted TV network ABS-CBN for allegedly not airing his campaign ads during the presidential elections.

The President howver corrected himself the third time he reffered to Lopez.

Makinig ka, Gabby Lopez — nag-place ako ng advertisement. Tinanggap ninyo ‘yung pera kong two million para kasi wala akong advertisement, the President said.

“Tanggap nang tanggap kasi kayo ng pera in the name of greed. Tanggap ng pera tapos kung makasalita kayo pati ‘yung Inquirer, kaming mga––kung babuyin ninyo kaming mga taga-gobyerno, you picture us to be the corrupt o ano. Excuse me. Unfortunately, hindi ako ganoon. I would not have survived,” he also added.

 

How did the star feel? And how did netizens react?

You have to admit that this is kinda funny
Reactions on the whole mistaken identity

Atty. Gaby Concepcion of Unang Hirit’s Kapuso sa Batas also said her piece on the whole mistaken identity issue by posting on Instagram using a photo with the actor.

Atty Gaby Conception IG Disclaimer

 

 

 

Journalist and Broadcaster Ramon “Mon” Tulfo Jr. has historically been very vocally opposed against the INC, even going as far as mentioning that he has no fear of the supposed INC death squads on his radio show.

In an article with Inquirer dated Sept 19, 2017, he stated.

A good number of libel cases filed by the Iglesia ni Cristo against this columnist and Inquirer editors had been dismissed by various prosecution offices handling the preliminary investigation.

Thanks but no thanks to Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II who refuses to consolidate the cases into one and have them filed in the Department of Justice in Manila.

Aguirre, it seems, is courting the religious group.

Apparently, Ramon Tulfo also wanted to take a potshot at Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II.

 

A  screenshot of the boxing legend is making the rounds on social media. The screenshot apparently shows Manny Pacquiao commenting on the live feed of Instagram sensation Arzaylea.

 

The comments by the boxing legend have drawn mixed reactions from netizens, with some defending Manny by pointing out that it was possible that someone else is managing the IG page. However, most netizens disagreed with this view, citing Manny Pacquiao’s track record with women.

Some of the more savage comments from netizens have even gone as far as to call his comments as “Fuccboi Moves” and name him as “Pastor Manny the Second Hokage”, while some expressed disappointment in light of the Senator’s apparent claims of being reformed.

Disappointed Netizens on Pacman

What do you guys think? Drop your comments below.

Save

Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock the past few days, it would have been hard to miss the recent scandal that rocked the nation and set social media on fire.

Social Patrol has been scouring the world of social media the past few days in an effort to bring to the readers what netizens are discussing with regards to this issue and how people feel about the whole scandal.

However, before we get to that here’s a quick recap.

On August 1, Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chair Andres Bautista estranged wife Patricia presented information and documents to the National Bureau of Investigation allegedly showing more than ₱336 million in local and foreign bank accounts that weren’t disclosed in the official’s Statement of Assets and Liabilities

In her affidavit, Patricia accused her husband of “misleading and corrupt practices while in office.”

Patricia, according to her affidavit, claims that she “accidentally” came across “gift-wrapped” cash “sitting in a bag” in their living room. She also claims to have found documents showing property allegedly owned by her husband that she was not aware of.

According to her assessment, she said the 14 items of property were worth up to ₱300 million in total, “definitely more” than the ₱158.5 million in properties declared by Bautista in his 2016 SALN.

Patricia also revealed payslips and checks written to Bautista from Divina Law “as commission for assisting the law firm clients with the Comelec.”

“I fear that perhaps some properties and finances our family may have accumulated/benefitted from during his time in office may have originated from illegal or immoral acts or conducts,” she said.

“I likewise fear that my name and reputation might be dragged and implicated in these (ill-gotten) properties should there be any eventual and formal investigation conducted against Andy.”

Patricia said her husband knows she possesses the documents mentioned in her affidavit and has since cut her off financial support.

For his part Commission on Elections (Comelec) Chair Andres Bautista released a statement where he declared his disappointment in Patricia’s “false accusations,” saying she has allowed herself to be “used to serve the political agenda of some opportunistic people.”

Bautista has also accused his wife of stealing cash, GCs, ATM cards, and other documents in November 2016

Bautista claims his wife has, at some point tried to extort money from him, and when she realized he wasn’t going to give in, she filed an affidavit “based on fabrications and lies.”

What do netizens have to say about the whole issue?

Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Chairman Andres Bautista said he was ready to face an impeachment complaint after he was accused of hiding P1 billion assets.

In an interview, Bautista said that:

“As an impeachable officer, that is always part and parcel of our terrain. If and when that happens, then I will have to face it.”

According to a report on the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Sunday, Bautista’s wife, Patricia, said that she discovered bank and real property documents, and several passbooks under the name of her husband that were not included in his 2016 statement of assets, liabilities and net worth.

Last week, Patricia submitted an affidavit to the National Bureau of Investigation alleging that Bautista “might have had, or currently has, misdealing and corrupt practices while in government service,” according to the Inquirer.

The COMELEC chairman denied the claim and accused his estranged wife of having an affair and attempting to extort money from him.

“Itong problema pong ito ay nagsimula noong 2013 dahil mukhang mayroon po siyang third party at ito po ay alam ng marami,”

Bautista said.

According to Bautista, his wife’s lover was once linked to another well-known personality.

Bautista underwent counseling with his wife but their marital problems worsened last November 2016, when he went to a trip to the US.

He accused his wife of taking advantage of the trip, she withdrawn $117,000 from their joint account and transferred it to her personal account. His wife also purportedly prevented him in entering their home, “ransacked” his cabinets and took some documents.

“In this situation, I am the victim. I am the victim of betrayal,”

He said.

“I never thought a man could be raped. That is how I felt when I was prevented from entering my own house, when all of a sudden, the locked cabinets belonged to me were forced open, documents were taken without my consent,”

He added.

He said that the documents used as an evidence for his wife’s affidavit were “doctored.”

Bautista maintained he did not hide any wealth and that his 2016 SALN was “true and correct.”

Senator Lacson said that only poor and deserving students should benefit from the law giving free tuition for state universities and colleges (SUCs).

“Kailangan, malinaw sa IRR (Implementing Rules and Regulations) na mga deserving students,”

Lacson said.

“Kung gagastusan ng pamahalaan yung mga bulakbulero, bulakbulera at mga bobong estudyante, hindi naman siguro nararapat yun. Dapat yung mga mahihirap at mga deserving na estudyante,”

He added.

President Rodrigo Duterte signed RA 10931 or the “Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act,” which grants free tuition for SUCs, local universities and colleges and technical-vocational institutions on Thursday.

On the other hand, Senator Lacson stated that there must be a system to filter the students who really deserve free tuition so that the government will not spend too much.

“Dapat salain din. Otherwise napakalaki ng gagastusin natin. E kung paulit-ulit, nakakalimang taon na first year college pa rin, hindi naman tayo papayag doon,”

He said.

According to Lacson, Congress must have somebody to see to it that the law is being implemented properly.

“Kailangan may oversight ang Kongreso para makita na yung batas ay masusunod din,”

He added.

President Rodrigo Duterte blasted North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un on Wednesday, calling him “tarantado” and “buang” due to his tendencies to start a nuclear war that could turn Asia into a lifeless land.

Baka nga itong si Kim Jong Un, itong tarantado, you know if that guy — I do not think he is ready, but he is playing with dangerous toys, iyang buang na iyan,”

He said at the 113th  anniversary of the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).

“That chubby face that looks kind. That son of a bitch. If he commits a mistake, the Far East will become an arid land. It must be stopped, this nuclear war,”

He added.

The President further stated:

“A limited confrontation and it blows up here, I will tell you, the fallout can deplete the soil, the resources and I don’t know what will happen to us.”

According to a leaked transcript of Duterte and United States President Donald Trump’s phone call, the Filipino President called Kim “this generation’s mad man.” Duterte previously said that the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was worried about his missile launches.

Duterte’s comments were made days before North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Su-yong’s scheduled attendance at the ASEAN Ministerial Meeting in Manila this week.

North Korea is determined to develop a nuclear-tipped missile capable of striking the United States, and officials in Washington said Saturday’s test of an intercontinental ballistic missile showed its capability to reach most of the country.

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who is expected to attend the Manila meeting on Tuesday, said he wanted to speak with North Korea at some point, stressing that the country is not the enemy and that the United States did not seek to destroy its regime.