Mocha Uson, the newly appointed Assistant Secretary for social media will be receiving a monthly salary of at least P106,454, plus allowances and bonuses.
This ex-celebrity sexy star had just received a new post created just for her which was personally decided by President Rodrigo Duterte.
So how much will she be earning at her new job?
Numbers In Perspective
Let’s break it down, shall we?
Based on the 2017 General Appropriations Act (GAA) or the national budget, an assistant secretary is also entitled to a total of P20,000 monthly RATA.
- Representation (P10,000)
- Transportation (P10,000)
- P5,000 monthly “extraordinary and miscellaneous” expenses (or a total of P60,000 annually for assistant secretaries)
- P2,000 monthly personal economic relief allowance or PERA (for all government employees).
Now that’s a lot of money.
Section 42 of the General Provisions of the 2017 GAA defines “extraordinary and miscellaneous” funds as “expenses incurred for the following”:
- Meetings, seminars, and conferences
- Official entertainment
- Public relations
- Educational, athletic, and cultural activities
- Contibutions to civic or charitable institutions
- Membership in government associations
- Subscription to professional technical journals and informative magazines, library books, and materials, among others
This means Uson would get at least P133,454 monthly before taxes!
Oh, and did we mention that she gets another P5,000 for yearly clothing allowance as well P5,000 cash gift?
Uson will be earning all of that. So, how much will you be earning?